الخميس، 9 أغسطس 2012

Is this knob placement odd?


Posted by jenny_from_the_block (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 21:31

Is there a standard for knob placement on cabinet doors? We just got our kitchen cabinets delivered (done by a local custom kitchen cabinet place with our own lumber) and despite the fact that I sent them a photo of where I wanted the knobs drilled (topmost corner of doors) the cabs arrived with the knob holes drilled them partway down the door. And to be honest, part of me is a little unnerved by the fact that I sent them photos of where I wanted all knobs placed (and the guy even went over with me to double check the two knobs per drawer face), that the door knobs are different from what I sent them.

I'll show three photos, please let me know what you think. I'm thinking no big deal that its different, and it won't matter in the long run, as long as they are all the same, but without the cabinets installed yet, it is hard to tell what the big picture will look like, or if it changes functionality of opening the doors at all.
1) Picture 1 - smaller of the 2 kitchen sink base cabs showing the knobs partway down the door. (the top drawer face / sink pullout will have two knobs on it, but I didn't put them on yet).
2) Picture 2 - shows our bathroom cabinet (done by a different local cab company) with the knobs in the place where I initially wanted them for the kitchen
3) A picture of an "inspiration" kitchen - I didn't pay attention at first, but I see it has some of the knobs partway down the door, and others on the side run of cabinets appear to up at the top corner where I initially thought they should go.

Picture 1
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Picture 2
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Picture 3
Photobucket

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

إجمالي مرات مشاهدة الصفحة